For the pudding
1 cup full cream milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup flour
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp bicarb of soda
1 large egg
1 Tbsp vinegar
2 Tbsp apricot jam
1. Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
2. Mix the cup of milk and the teaspoon of bicarb together.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Add the milk and bicarb mixture and mix the batter well.
5. Pour the malva puddingbatter into a dish at least 5cm deep. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. To make the syrup, boil all the sauce ingredients together.
7. Poke holes into the pudding when it comes straight out of the oven and pour the sauce over from the middle to edges.
Note: you can also use fresh whipped cream or custard of your choice.